#SLOW COOKER #BEER #BRAISED #BEEF #SHORT #RIBS
- s olive oil
- lbs. bone in short ribs
- onion, diced
- s sliced celery
- s sliced carrots
- cloves garlic, smashed
- dried thyme
- dried sage
- . your favorite craft beer (IPA, lager, porter, amber, etc.)
- . beef broth
- bay leaves
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- s corn starch
- heavy cream
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Sear short ribs in batches, cooking them for 1-2 minutes on each side until a dark golden brown crust forms. Remove ribs from pan and set aside.
- Remove ribs and set aside. Add onion, carrot, celery and a large pinch of salt and pepper to the pan. Cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add smashed garlic, sage and thyme. Cook for one minute, stirring frequently.
- Add seared beef ribs.
- Then add beer, beef broth, bay leaves and another couple large pinches of salt and pepper.
- (or high for 4 hours) until the beef falls off the bone and shreds easily.
- This is a great time to make those mashed potatoes, grits, or mac and cheese.
- Remove three cups of braising liquid from the slow cooker and pour it through a strainer and into a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Combine cornstarch with 3 tablespoons cold water until dissolved. Add that to the sauce pan and stir to combine.
- for about 5 minutes or until it thickens significantly (and almost seems TOO thick). Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve beef and gravy alongside my super easy garlic mashed potatoes and ENJOY!
Read More About Recipe >>>Click Here<<<