#CHOCOLATE #CHIP #COOKIE #DOUGH #HEARTS
Inside: Theses are a fun and easy Valentine’s Day treat that kids can make!
HEART-SHAPED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH TRUFFLES
- 1 cup flour (plus 2 Tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons cold water
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 mini heart cookie cutter
- 8oz bag of Ghirardelli melting chocolate wafers
- 1 container of V-day sprinkles
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, brown sugar, butter and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. If dough is still crumbly, mix in 2-3 Tablespoons cold water.
- Stir chocolate chips into batter.
- Prepare two cookie sheets with parchment paper or non-stick silicone baking mats. Set one aside.
- Place dough onto one cookie sheet and flatten the dough to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for 20 minutes.
- Remove dough from fridge and using the cookie cutter, cut out your hearts.
- Place chocolate chip cookie dough hearts onto a plate and refrigerate an additional 10 minutes.
- Using a microwave safe bowl, melt the Ghirardelli wafers in intervals of 30 seconds, stirring in between. Handle with care, as bowl may become hot.
- Dip each heart into the melted chocolate and turn until completely coated. Allow excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl, then place hearts on your second prepared cookie sheet.
- While chocolate is still soft, coat the top of your hearts with sprinkles.
- Allow chocolate to set for at least 30 minutes before enjoying.
visit source : inthekidskitchen.com